It is our goal to offer participation opportunities, a sense of school-community engagement, and social-emotional support to all involved. After more than six months since spring season practices and scrimmages abruptly ended last March, AACPS Athletics feels honored to have the opportunity to safely reengage with student-athletes, both on our campuses and virtually.
We are transitioning to a return to high school athletics in way that may not feel “normal,” but we are excited to move forward. We will be following approved “out-of-season” procedures and protocols that have been vetted by health department officials. We want to be clear that there is no pressure for anyone to participate in these sessions. Participation in our spring out of season plan is voluntary and independent of the MPSSAA-sponsored, competitive seasons that was slated to start in February of 2021, but maybe earlier. We look forward to safely welcoming back AACPS students to their campuses.
Please take a moment to register your child on Familyid. Throughout the county there will be a hard closing date regarding registrations, this will allow our coaches and staff adequate time to prepare and maintain a safe space for our student-athlete’s to engage. Registrations is OPEN TODAY and will close on Thursday, Nov 12th.
Familyid Link: Register Here
Below is an outline for our future registration dates and regulated participation numbers.
Registration Dates and Participation Numbers:
- Spring Sports = November 16th through December 19th
- Registration is open and closes at 11:00 pm Thursday, November 12th (Familyid; Physicals required)
- Winter Sports = January 4th through January 30th
- Registration opens by December 15th and closes at 5:00 pm December 22nd (Familyid; Physicals required)
Note: In the event these plans are impacted by the MPSSAA competitive seasons we will modify and adjust accordingly.
Participation Numbers. Our county goal is to accommodate every student who successfully registers with their school. Each coaching staff will facilitate a minimum of two groups of 50 (or 100 total). The exception is football, where up to 3 groups (or 150 total) will be accommodated.
- In the event more than 100 students register for a sport (or 150 for football), schools may work with coaches to add sessions (if feasible).
- In the event that extra sessions are not feasible, schools will include returning student-athletes first and then select students for the remaining available slots using a fair lottery system. In this scenario the lottery system will be managed by the athletic department and school administration, using an unbiased, randomized process that provides each student in the lottery an equal opportunity to be chosen.
If you would like to review a comprehensive lay out of the semester out of season plan visit the Anne Arundel County Athletic website; https://www.aacps.org/athletics. However, if you have any registration or participation questions please email Athletic Director Jamie Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let’s go Mustangs!